Your Destination is Just a Phone Call Away
What is Reserve-A-Ride?
Reserve-A-Ride is a curb-to-curb service that can accommodate all residents of Jackson County, including those with disabilities. Reserve-A-Ride is a first-come first-serve service.
Reserve-A-Ride service is available within City limits Monday thru Friday from 6 am to 10 pm, Saturday from 10 am to 10pm, and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.
Reserve-A-Ride service is available in Jackson County (outside of City limits) Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6 am to 6 pm. Please refer to the Reserve-A-Ride Information Brochure below for more details on scheduled times and costs.
- Advanced reservations are required
- Same-day rides are scheduled on an as-available basis
- Rides can be scheduled Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm by calling (517) 788-8410
How do I use Reserve-A-Ride?
Just call and schedule your ride! (517) 788-8410
It is recommended that you make your reservation 24-hours in advance.
Click the button below for our in-depth look at our Reserve-A-Ride program.
Phone Number: (517) 788-8410
Accessible Origin / Destination
Where can I get picked up and dropped off with Reserve-A-Ride?
- All passengers are expected to request service to or from buildings that are safely accessible.
- Parking areas and/or driveways must remain free of obstruction or barriers (snow, ice or other obstructions)
What important details should I know about Reserve-A-Ride?
JATA drivers are required to abide by the following guidelines when providing the Reserve-A-Ride service:
- JATA Drivers will provide curbside service at boarding and departing areas.
- JATA Drivers are required to provide reasonable assistance to passengers (if requested) as they board and depart the vehicle. Operators are not allowed to enter a private residence, physically lift passengers or negotiate stairs.
Passengers with disabilities pay a reduced fare. Please contact the Dispatch office at 517-788-8410 for more information.
JATA Drivers can assist you with:
- Pushing a wheelchair to or from the first outside door of a building upon request; providing there is an appropriate ramp, and walkways are clear and in good condition.
- Providing an arm to steady an individual walking to and from the vehicle.
Passengers requiring more assistance than described above must bring a companion that can provide them assistance. JATA does not recommend the transport of mobility devices and associated equipment (wheelchair, etc.) which are unstable or in poor condition. Mobility devices are the responsibility of the passenger. JATA is not responsible for damage to wheel chairs or other mobility devices that may occur during transport.
JATA can make reasonable service modifications to assist with your trip:
It is JATA’s policy to make reasonable modifications to its policies, practices, or procedures when requested to do so by individuals with disabilities when such accommodations are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability.
Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be denied on one or more of the following grounds:
- Granting the request would fundamentally alter the nature of our services, programs, or activities;
- Granting the request could create a direct threat to the health or safety of the requestor or others;
- Granting the request would create an undue financial or administrative burden for the JATA; or
- Without such modification, the individual with a disability is otherwise able to fully use JATA’s services, programs, or activities for their intended purpose.
Requests for reasonable accommodations can be made when scheduling your ride. Please notify your scheduler what modification/s are needed as you are providing your ride request.
In determining whether to grant a requested modification, JATA will be guided by the provisions of United States Department of Transportation at 49 CFR Appendix E to Part 37.169. When possible, we ask that customers make accommodation requests in advance. However, requests made on location will be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The JATA uses lift or ramp equipped vehicles to provide Reserve-A-Ride service to the physically disabled.
- Vehicles range from mini-vans to 24 passenger small buses.
- Service is provided at curb-side unless the customer has a drive or parking area that can accommodate the JATA vehicle.
All passengers who require assistance beyond JATA service limitations must provide their own PCA. The PCA is allowed to ride JATA vehicles at no charge.
Please call our Dispatch Office at 517-788-8410
All passengers are expected to call the Dispatch Office, 517-788-8410, at least two (2) hours prior to their scheduled ride if it becomes necessary to cancel the ride for any reason. Failure to cancel rides can result in suspension of service.
Any passenger who fails to show for a scheduled ride and did not cancel as described above, may be charged for the missed ride at the time of their next scheduled appointment. Continued "No-Shows" can result in suspension of Reserve-A-Ride service.