JATA Can Pick You Up
Emergency Snow Routes
What are Emergency Snow Routes (ESRs)?
The snow routes will allow riders to catch the bus in an area where riders can board and exit safely during or after a snow storm.
See all our ESRs in the links below. You can also find them listed at the Transfer Center (bulletin board).
- Route 1: East Michigan Ave
- Route 2: West Michigan Ave
- Route 3: South West Ave
- Route 4: Cooper Street
- Route 5: Lansing Ave
- Route 6: MLK/Francis Street
- Route 7: Ganson/Blackman
- There will be minor changes to routes (applied only to Routes 1 - 7)
- Soper & Jackson College/da Vinci routes will not be affected (Routes 8 & 9)
- Anticipate minor delays as our drivers ensure safe travel
When will Emergency Snow Routes be declared?
ESRs will only take affect when JATA determines that road conditions are unsafe, and JATA must take safety precautions. Otherwise, service runs as normal.